I, for one, have been waiting far too long for this. We've gotten word from the guys over at Amobil, who have the leaked specs for HTC's Android tablet, aka the Flyer. Before I get into the specs, the picture above is a mockup, and might not even be an HTC tablet. Now then, the Flyer will be packing:
- A 7-inch, 1024x600 resolution screen, which is the same as the Galaxy Tab
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor, found in the Desire HD
- HDMI port
- DLNA-enabled for wireless movie/music streaming
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash and facial recognition
- 1.3MP front-facing camera for video chatting, with Skype preinstalled
- At the time they received the specs, the Flyer was running Gingerbread, but Honeycomb was released shortly after, so we can't confirm which version it'll be running out-of-the-box
- A remodeled version of Sense that has a "desktop" feel to it
- HSPA connectivity (T-Mobile, anyone?)
- There's also apparently a 10-inch tablet in the works, to compete with the iPad.
- The iPad competitor will feature LTE (Verizon customers, you can get excited now) and will be in stores sometime in the second half of the year
All I can say is... wow. I know HTC is good at blowing us away, but this tablet sounds incredible. As if it wasn't enough that it's HTC-made. Now they throw all this at us. I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this device. Anyone else impressed? Again, a big thanks to the guys over at Amobil for the info!