Skip to main content

Nexus One: The Ballad of the Forgotten First Child

 
 
 
I’ve had a good life. My parents gave me all the freedom in the world. They came together and made me beautiful and pure. I was allowed to use all of my gifts and show the world just how good I could be. My father always gave me the newest toy robots he could build, as quickly as he could, until now. Suddenly, I’m an afterthought. My father met someone else and had another child. Now, it feels as if he loves my half-brother more. Now, the newest toys go to him, and not me. I’m not the favorite any more – I’m just the first son, sitting in the shadows. My name is Nexus One.
When I was born, I was the apple of my parents’ eyes. My father, Google, and my mother, HTC, worked hard to make sure I was raised properly; I was smarter, faster, and have always been comfortable in my own skin. I was the epitome of what my father wanted.
In the turbulent 11 months since my birth, when those around saw what my father had made in me, they shouted for me to change the world, to slay Goliaths, but I could not. As much as I wanted, ultimately, I was but an outsider throwing stones at a fortress. But through challenges, I persevered. I tried to be a role model to others, to light the way in a confusing and noisy time. Some would say I failed, others defend my efforts, but I know what I am. I am my father’s ambition and my mother’s beauty – I can be no more.
Now, my father has found a new mistress, and had another child, my half-brother S. S is capable of things that I didn’t know were possible. I am left in the shadows, known only to a lucky few. My father has looked past me, and I must now wait and beg for the delicious treats once offered first to me.The spotlight has moved to my brother, who has taken up our father’s cause.
I welcome my new brother into the world and wish him well. He will be held to an impossibly high standard, and he may not have the guts to push through the coming wave of cousins and bastard children. He may not have the strength, and may need to rely on spirit alone. Though, in the end, he will likely share my fate and be pushed aside after an all too brief life. Our father is fickle, and can easily forget his children along the way. I cannot fault my father’s nature. It was that nature that helped to make me who I am. I will take solace in those who truly loved me, and the time I’ve had. I only hope I can get some snacks soon, because I’m awfully hungry; and although I continue to *#*#checkin#*#*, my father doesn’t answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution Of Computer Virus [infographic]

4 Free Apps For Discovering Great Content On the Go

1. StumbleUpon The granddaddy of discovering random cool stuff online, StumbleUpon will celebrate its 10th anniversary later this year — but its mobile app is less than a year old. On the web, its eight million users have spent the last decade recommending (or disliking) millions of webpages with a thumbs up / thumbs down system on a specially installed browser bar. The StumbleUpon engine then passes on recommendations from users whose interests seem similar to yours. Hit the Stumble button and you’ll get a random page that the engine thinks you’ll like. The more you like or dislike its recommendations, the more these random pages will surprise and delight. Device : iPhone , iPad , Android 2. iReddit Reddit is a self-described social news website where users vote for their favorite stories, pictures or posts from other users, then argue vehemently over their meaning in the comments section. In recent years, it has gained readers as its competitor Digg has lost them.

‘Wireless’ humans could backbone new mobile networks

People could form the backbone of powerful new mobile internet networks by carrying wearable sensors. The sensors could create new ultra high bandwidth mobile internet infrastructures and reduce the density of mobile phone base stations.Engineers from Queen’s Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology are working on a new project based on the rapidly developing science of body-centric communications.Social benefits could include vast improvements in mobile gaming and remote healthcare, along with new precision monitoring of athletes and real-time tactical training in team sports, an institute release said.The researchers are investigating how small sensors carried by members of the public, in items such as next generation smartphones, could communicate with each other to create potentially vast body-to-body networks.The new sensors would interact to transmit data, providing ‘anytime, anywhere’ mobile network connectivity.Simon Cotton from the i