If you are among the Motorola Droid X or Droid 2 users then it’s obvious that you must love to Flash Android 2.2 into your device. Both the Droids came with 2.1 Eclair which can be upgradable to version 2.2. Liberty 1.5 Custom ROM, an XDA release, is an awesome way to update to Android 2.2 in quick and efficient manner.
Liberty 1.5 Android 2.2 ROM works very well and will enhance device utilization with 95 percent apps that are built from the source. It is pertinent to mention that the new ROM has the latest App market which will enable the users to walk through millions of apps available for Android 2.2. The app management feature is remarkably good along with some Liberty Tweaks and custom Menus.
To download and install the Liberty 1.5 ROM (Android 2.2 Froyo) on your Motorola Droid X / Droid 2, follow these steps but before you proceed, make sure to root your device and you have installed Clockworks Recovery:
1. First of all download the Liberty 1.5 ROM for Droid X or Droid 2 (Click on relevant name to start downloading)
2. Plug in your device to PC and select data transfer mode (your microSD card will work as flash drive)
3. Move the downloaded .zip ROM to the root directory of microSD card
4. Using the Clockworks Bootstrap, boot into Recovery Mode
5. When you are in Recovery Mode select the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset”
6. After erasing all data, your device will be factory rest
7. Press the power button to navigate to Recovery Mode main menu
8. Now select “Install Zip From SD card” option
9. Do as instructed in the onscreen instructions and when is done, reboot the device.
Enjoy the Android 2.2 Froyo with ultimate speed boost and tweaks to your Droid X.